Best subwoofer for Heritage series?

edbl85

Hello again, I just recently acquired a set of chorus ll's, an academy, and 2 sets of KG2.2's. I'm running a rotel rsp-1066 pre/pro, w/carver amps. What would be a good powered subwoofer to compliment this ensemble? Your opinions would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!1.gif

ed,

my "best sub for heritage" is a Sunfire Signature because I wanted a small but very powerful sub that goes deeeeeeep!

You have to decide where your preference are.

Tell us a little bit more about your listening preferences and your room size and experienced forum members will come over with advice.

Yeah, you would have to tell us your budget and how much you value size -vs- output.

With subs especially, it's always a balance of size versus efficiency (ie: bass extension, SPL, Cost). The Chorus are very efficient heritage speakers, and will require a substantial subwoofer if you want to listen to them at elevated volumes. When I upgraded to Cornwalls from Heresys, I found myself with a subwoofer which could no longer keep up with my mains even though it did very well with the Heresys.

Lots of options available...

Rob

Any potent sub will do,for example a Sunfire Signature goes deep,has major output when called upon and is very compact.Or a mid sized one like a HSU VTF3 or any SVS with a dB12 or TV12 woofer.

If money is less of an onject the Revel B15 is a beast,is quite compact and delivers world class depth and power.Also a Paradigm Servo Signature fits right there with the B15,and has an even better...much better finish!

Just stay away from smallish whimpy subs like the HSU STF2 or STF1 as as good as they are they do not match LARGE,CAPABLE speakers in larger rooms.They do not move enough air,as simple as that.

Also the Klipsch RSW12 and 15 would be worthy units.

Time to go,work to do...