Yamaha RXV (top of the line) VS. Pioneer Elite receivers

Born2RockU

Pioneer Elite receivers vs.Yamaha RXV top of the line ? What goes better w/ the heresy II's. (an online dealers said the yamaha are too bright) Any Comments ?

I use an RX-V3300 and love it. This came as a complete surprise to me as I was an anti-Yamaha type for a long time but I think they have finally tuned down the brightness enough to make a really great sound. It has plenty of power and the Heresy IIs I use sound great with it. I cannot comment on the Pinoeer receivers but I know they make a decent product with their Elite line up. When you say top of the line have you considered the RX-Z9 its a bankroll buster but very versatile. Although at a $4500 list for a receiver, the separates argument gains serious strength here. But I do recommend the RX-V series receivers on the whole. I have heard the YPAO in action and it does a nice job of compensating, but room treatments are better or at least as a primary option then use the YPAO.

i just got rid my yammy because i could not take the headache's any longer, and it is really hard to say but you have to remember that the heresies are a very sensitive speaker, and they do not require alot of power to make them absolutly roar, my nad is a 2 channel 35 watt reciever, and at 1/4 volume i completly fill my bedroom with great sound, and i do mean loud, so dont factor watts so much as quality sound, the yammies are not bright, they are brilliant, and because of that they suffer in the lower end as well, and they call it natural sound?12.gif

One caveat here, everyones taste are individual. We have exhanged a number of e-mails and you can tell I really like my Yamaha and others don't as evidenced by Marksdad's comments. Klipsch speakers are very dynamic and extremely efficient and sensitive. Good luck.

As you can see from all of the differing advice given, everyone expects different things out of their systems. And everyone thinks their system is awesome, otherwise, why would they have bought it (that's why public review sites have little meaning).

I had sympathy ear pains just by reading some of the advice (I get that a lot when I venture into some of these other forums). What makes you happy is what counts with your system. Something that is important to some, is grating to another. The key is to try the receiver at home, with your speakers, in your room, with your tastes, and your equipment.

When you decide to buy something, make sure it has some sort of return policy. Even if it is less than a week. This gives you some leeway to try things out before you get stuck with something you don't like.