thinking about an upgrade.......

sullysnet

I have the SoundStorm chip from Nvidia with 5.1 and it is a very very nice chip and sounds great and I have no fusses with it for the most part but they have a Audigy 2 ZS Gamer and comes with some nice games as well :) for about 79. after rebates :D

Do you think the quality would be that much better on the Audigy ???? Would like to hear mostly from people that have the Soundstorm chip and have used it alot before upgrade or ones that are still using it. Or at least someone that owned the Soundstorm at one point :D

thanks alot for all the input

Hands down I bought the Audigy 2 ZS. I couldnt stand the sound from the soundstorm. It's good and all, but the ZS is much better. I say go grab it and you will be surprised how much better it is. I'm glad I did. Although I dont have my speakers anymore, and im still waiting for them to come home 8.gif

• Like 1

What are some of the reasons you think it is better ??? Tone???? Quality of sound ????? Volume ??? One thing I noticed about this card is the lack of volume. I have to crank the hell out of my Ultra's. I have an Audigy 1 but never really loaded it. Do you think there is a major difference in the version 1 and version 2 ???

thanks alot

I may buy it but not sure :) :) I want to but of course money :D:D