Straight Cable or Connectors

Klipsch-daddy

What is the better thing to do. Bare cable into your speakers and receiver or the use of copper cables, bananna clips, connectors etc.

------------------

My HTS:

MAINS: KSB 3.1

CENTER: KSC-C1

REAR: WHITE QUINTETS

SUB: KSW-12

TV: TOSHIBA THEATER VIEW 50"

RECEIVER:KENWOOD VR-4080B

DVD: SONY S-360 DVD PLAYER

FOR SALE PINANNCLE WIDESCREEN CTR (105.00)

One of my systems has barrier terminals on the amp and speaker. I use the u shaped spade lugs which I solder to the wire.

This makes changing things around much easier.

I'm not a fan of high priced interconnects. Cheap stuff from RS is often gold plated and that is enough, in my book.

There is something to be said against connectors where the wire is just held in place, and the electrical connection is made, just by a screw down device. Now you've got a potentially cranky mechanical connection to the wire, and other potentially cranky mechanical connection between the plug and receptical.

None the less, it is probably a better set up if you're doing any moving around. It may also be easier to take care of polarity. So a reasonably priced connector system is a good investment.

On the other system, I just use bare wire. I don't fool with it much and things are just fine.

Gil

I use both straight wire connections and banana plus into my Heresy 2's. The banana plugs (cheap gold plated affairs) are for the tube monoblock amps and the straight wire for the Accuphase amp.

I have switched these connections around and am unable to detect any difference is sound quality on either amp. (I use them to play different types of music which is why I have both - still cant find tubes to play rock properly and never found a solid state that plays Jazz the way that the tubes do.)

My conclusion is that it doesnt make a whole lot of difference either way - as long as you have a good connection in the first place. Bare wire is obviously less practical, as mention in the previous post, if you do a lot of moving stuff around, disconnecting and reconnecting and so on.

Hope this helps.