MP3 Player vs. CD Player

stickman81

I am considering upgrading my CD player, but wanted feedback from anyone with experience regarding home MP3 Players. Are there certain features that I need to look for in a MP3 Player? Or are they up to par when we are talking two channal audio? Thanks for any thoughts...ideas.

Well, I'd rather have a "rack" size MP3 player. I obviously haven't even looked into this much. Every other music aspect of mine has gone MP3: car stereo, computer, and a portable as well. Just not familiar with full size units & features that I need to know about.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/site/products/audiotron/producthome.asp

This is by far the best home MP3/WAV/WMA player on the market. Go here and check out the links to all the reviews (released in 2001, still getting product of the year awards in 2004).

I've had one for 2 years, and I love it. You do have to have it networked to a computer though, so keep that in mind.

Since it's on the network, and has an open source API, there are lots of cool apps written for it. You can control it with the remote, from any computer, or with a Wi-fi pocket PC. I get out a laptop at parties, and people queue up songs like a jukebox. Plus it has an optical out, so you can let your receiver's nice DAC do the work (in my case I rip HDCDs as WAVs, and my HK AVR525 decodes them as such as they are streamed!)

Anyway, give it a look.