Wanted: Quartets for pickup in Midwest

Jlindgren

Wanted: Quartets for pickup in Midwest:

With so many of you Klipsch junkies with so many different pairs of speakers, does anyone within about 250 miles of Chicago have a pair of Quartet speakers in good condition that they would like to sell?

I done with buying speakers that need to be shipped, subject as they are to the vagaries of packers and delivery guys. I'd like to find a pair of Quartets within a 4 hour drive of Chicago.

Jim

Jlindgren - If you want a really mint pair of oiled oak Quartets and are willing to spend a bit more than normal, I know of a pair near Milwaukee that are available. I have been considering them to go with my Quartets in an HT set-up but with the new Cornwalls, I might get shot if I brought home another set of speakers. PM or e-mail me if you are interested and I will give you the specifics. I have seen them and listened to them and they are mint perfect. They will come with a warranty and the dealer is very knowledgeable as well as respected. He just ain't cheap! The grills are light as opposed to the black that I have. There is a slight chance that I would sell mine but I'd have to think long and hard about that.