sunfire??

Scp53

I was on there website and saw the True Subwoofer Super Junior. anyone own this? what Klipsch sub does it compare to?? looks VERY impressive. I m hopeing theEAR will chime in. how the heck can they make a 9" cubed box put out sound so low and so LOUD?? that would make most people jaw dropped by the output for its size. I need to hear one of these. Im drooling. in the next 1-2 years I may buy another sub. this may be of interest. its VERY small and has HUGE performance. please clue me in on how good this sub really is. how would it handle "Finding Nemo" bass? I ve heard it on a rsw 12 and it is really cool. could this sub handle the ultra low notes well? not just this movie but any movie with real deep bass- like U571. the room I d put it in is about 17X 17 or so. Im not a bass freak but I do like to hear the low end. and what is its msrp? like $850 or so??

scp53

Perhaps Milton comes over here. He has one (or two meanwhile?) Super Jr. and he can tell you more about it. I think hes very satisfied with it. He brought me on the Sunfire route. I have bought the Signature and its an awesome sub. The Super Jr. should be fine for smaller rooms.

The disadvantage of the Super Jr. is the external power supply. You have to find a place for it so the True Subwoofer may be a bit easier to place (if you can afford it).

VMPS...is not direct competition to Sunfire,their subs are for those with plenty of SPACE.

To get back to the original question,YES the Sunfire Super Junior is a tiny sub bass marvel.Its secret is very simple MOVE AIR,LOTS OF AIR.To do this Bob Carver uses an extreme long throw 8" woofer(probably the longest throw 8" woofer made)mated to a extreme long throw 8" PR.Both use the same chassis,the PR having no motor structure/VC.Combined these two pistons will move more air than any competing 8" woofer could.This in turn enables the Super Jr. to play quite loud for its minuscule size.The PR piston is weighted(this tunes the PR to the desired freq.making the sub quite flat down to 30Hz!).

Anyone can design a BIG sub that goes low,loud and shakes the room.The big deal here is the size/performance ratio. 1.gif

The most impressive sub in the Sunfire line is the Signature/Sig. EQ,this 13" cube stands toe to toe with the big boys,where it gives up your ears will too.And those who speak about high distortion ...will not even hear it as the human ear is VERY forgiving of deep bass THD.So its a pointless point in the end.

And I have the Super Junior,Mark II and Signature subs too.

9.gif

Nice gadgets to have,they impress the heck out of newbs and audiophiles alike,when setup right these integrate and only take over where the mains leave.