NAD receivers?

audiobliss

What do you guys know about NAD receivers? I am considering the NADT743. All of the reviews I've read say that NAD makes very musical receivers. I am more interested in music sound than movies. If you guys read my last post you know that I had an HK before. I did end up taking that one back, sounded good but other issues. I have had Marantz before but also had problems(bad dolby digital decoder) in 2 separate units so I'm not really considering them. The NAD receiver is priced at $699 which is within my budget. Are there any other receivers in this price range which focus more on music? I have had Denon before as well and wasn't satisifed with music performance(just not my personal preference, I know Denon has a huge following) or for a music first approach is NAD my best option in this price range ($699 or less)?

----------------

On 8/23/2004 4:39:26 PM audiobliss wrote:

By the way, I forgot to mention that I won't be able to do an in-store demo of the NAD because the dealer is in the process of new construction so I can demo it in home and if not satisfied they will allow a refund of the purchase.

----------------

This what we all would want, and should not settle for anything less.

Go get it!2.gif

My experince with NAD goes back a few years. Their older stuff sounded really good, I just hated the plastic looking exterior. Same with Marantz, all their receivers though are getting rave reviews. I wouldn't shut Marantz out of the equation. The only modern budget stuff I've had any real experince with is Yamaha. The RXV-640 sounds very good and is priced right.