subwoofer problem

rickya91

I just received a rw-8 sub, from internet Brandnamez I believe, anyway I can't get any sound out of it, I hooked it up exactly like shown in the manual, I hoping it's not defective, because then I get to pay 30.00 more for shipping, and I did turn the volume knob on the side.

contact support:

Klipsch Home Audio Customer Service

Toll Free: 1-800-KLIPSCH (1-800-554-7724)

Mon - Fri, 8AM - 5PM EST

E-mail: support@klipsch.com

make sure you have a signal going to the sub. to check:

1-turn the volume down(close to all the way down)

2- set the power to the auto position

3- play some music/movie through the receiver. if the amp didn't "power on" out of standby turn the volume up more(on the receiver). if it still doesn't work call klipsch or email them

well I was beginning to build a home theater set up that's why I bought the sub, I've got a Toshiba Dvd, Pioneer vsx, some Jbl's, various Bose, and a pair of Rf3's. I tried every thing I know to hook it up, made sure the settings in my receiver were set right, I even tried hooking speaker wire to the terminals on the sub to my main term. on my receiver and there was no sound at all, I tried the one jack from output of the receiver, I tried the y splice, changed the crossover settings, set the rec. for small speakers, nothing. Ultimate Electronics said that I could bring it in and they would test it for free but that's a 2 hr drive, and I don't know what they could do that I didn't.

• 2 weeks later...

I would return the unit if you can. You checked the fuses too? A speaker lead may have jostled loose on the driver. Can you easily pull the driver to check this? Try hooking up the sub driver to your receiver. YOU probalby wouldn't hear any bass but you should feel the driver stiffen up and move a little with some sound. After all this you best best is to return the unit.

Rick and all others... I just spoke to the folks at Brandnamez and they talk me through a simple trouble shoot that has my sub working. 1st Klipsch quality control sucks.

I removed the driver and found that the neg (black cable) was not connected also that an internal port section had come loose inside the box. After very cautiously making sure everything was properly connected my sub thumps... 9.gif I also had to remove the rear panel to ensure the other end to the same cable was connected.

Brandon from the store was very helpful, I take back what I previously posted on them.

Granted that this was due to the box being thrown around during shipping. But when I opened up the sub I could see where somethings were neglected and some were done well. After all thousand of electronic products get shipped daily and if you assemble something well, they shouldn't come appart. My box had no external damage thease parts should not have come appart from shaking. My 2pennys... 2.gif