Really Crazy Question

mpgwagon

No connection with Charlie. I like Charlie. Charlie good....

Prana-Bindu refers to the use of the two words by Frank Herbert in his Dune books. If I recall correctly, they are Sanskrit words meaning "nerve" and "fiber", respectively. Herbert's Bene Gesserit employ a physical training technique known as the-nerve-and-the-fiber, Prana Bindu. It's supposed to increase reaction time, speed, accuracy, strength, etc.

May be my favorite books.... I'm one of those people who don't think the second and third books were boring.

Audio Refinement Complete: very well-balanced detail; perhaps faster in the low end than the VTL IT-85?; somewhat of a thin sound, but that may be only my perception of the particular difference tubes make (first and only tube experience with the VTL); the remote with source selection is spectaculazier; Warmer sound, darker background, bigger soundstage, more laid-back, better image resolution and more stable soundstage than with Luxman LV-117 (no, not the one with the tubed pre-amp section). I love it on the RF-3's. I can't say I like it more than the VTL. I do indeed notice a difference in the tightness of the bass. But the VTL/RF-3 combo has this enveloping (though more laid back) soundstage that taught me (I think) what people mean when they refer to the "warmer" sound of tubes -- the tube difference. Otherwise, had I not heard the VTL and had gone straight to the Complete, I would be perfectly happy. I can't say for sure that the difference I identify as that of tubes vs. SS is accurate: the Complete is touted to have well-emulated the tube sound.

Mmmmm... Charlie....

------------------

May the bridges we burn light our way....

Prana-Bindu - that's where I have heard that before!! I read the first 4 Dune books, then I heard 5 came out - went out and bought what I thought was 5 in hardback - read it, was mystified and then discovered I had read book 6 - never read book 5 as a result!

Right - that's over with - about this better at night thing with music. I have noticed it to and just put it down to being more relaxed in a quieter environment with less distractions.

There aint too much better than listening to Jazz late at night with a scotch on the rocks, a cigar, the dogs sleeping in front of the stereo and the wife sleeping in front of the dogs....mine is a strange house.

Hmmmm... that's Greek to me! Thanks for the insight, maxg, alias Capt. Marble!

cwm40.gifI'm off to get a bit of Cheap Charley, and pick up another horn-increment from the Tuna Budget. HornEd

This message has been edited by HornEd on 07-31-2001 at 01:27 PM

You know it's funny, but I think my system sounds best in the morning after my ears have had a chance to rest from the noise of the previous day. (There is medical data to support the asserion that hearing is better after a period of rest, i.e. a good night's sleep).

Anybody know if a double blind listening test with line conditioners has ever been done by a reputable audio magazine? Or, even measurable results. I would be interested in the results. Maybe I'm one component short.

Warm regards,

KG

Max: I strongly recommend the 5th book, but I have to admit that the 6th is my favorite.

I've never heard of any listening tests with power conditioners, but I don't subscribe to any audio magazines and I'm quite new to this obsession. I can tell you that I think I noticed a difference in audio with my Chang Lightspeed and I know I noticed a difference with the video (some visible distortions on the side of the screen were eliminated).

------------------

May the bridges we burn light our way....