Another shielding question

yromj

I'm not sure this actually belongs in the "Powered Subwoofer" forums but here goes:

I'm doing some work for a local doctor who has a Bose Lifestyle system (I know, I know, and I totally agree, but that's what he has). Anyway, he had a custom wall-to-wall cabinet made for his system. The layout is such that his TV, a 61" Samsung DLP, is in the top middle. Directly underneath the TV, about a foot below the shelf the TV sits on, is the "bass module".

The thread about shielding made me wonder if he's going to have issues w/ this. I don't think the DLP should have a problem since it's not flinging electrons at the front of the screen. I also don't believe the magnetic field in the "bass module" would be strong enough to do affect it anyway. What do you guys think about the possible distortion problem?

BTW, I had no input in the design of the cabinet, or any equipment selection. I've inherited this project as a favor to a friend, so PLEASE address the distortion problem only.

John

----------------

On 8/29/2004 10:20:29 PM yromj wrote:

I don't think the DLP should have a problem since it's not flinging electrons at the front of the screen. I also don't believe the magnetic field in the "bass module" would be strong enough to do affect it anyway. What do you guys think about the possible distortion problem?

----------------

John... I think you said it quite well yourself. Between the DLP and the BO$E you shouldn't have any problems. 4.gif

----------------

On 8/30/2004 4:50:47 PM SteelerFan wrote:

My parents have a direct view Sony CRT and the bass module from their Boston Acoustics satellite system sits about 18" below with no problem. I'd think a DLP would be fine.

----------------

And you know why?

Because B0$e AcousticMe$$ bass module(read fart maker)has magnets as large as earbuds!

LOL

People do not try this with a Sunfire

11.gif

Your CRT screens will becone as purple as it gets and go belly up

• 2 weeks later...

----------------

On 8/30/2004 6:45:07 PM TheEAR wrote:

----------------

On 8/30/2004 4:50:47 PM SteelerFan wrote:

My parents have a direct view Sony CRT and the bass module from their Boston Acoustics satellite system sits about 18" below with no problem. I'd think a DLP would be fine.

----------------

And you know why?

Because B0$e AcousticMe$$ bass module(read fart maker)has magnets as large as earbuds!

LOL

11.gif

----------------

Yup! My very point!1.gif