Heresy Industrials

auk55

I posted this on the 2 channel board a few days ago, with no response. I thought I'd try here. Thanks for any help.

I am reluctantly selling my much-loved Heresy Industrials - Type HI, serial numbers 1175 and 1176. Black fiberglass-covered plywood with aluminum trim everywhere. I bought them in the late 70's/early 80's to use in a small PA locally for my solo acoustic guitar performances and a string band that I was in for about 10 years. They have never been used hard or very loud (they were hooked up to a 75 watt amp). Other than a few scratches on the aluminum, some dust and a very tiny hole in one of the woofers (just noticed it, don't know where it came from) they look and sound as good as the day I bought them.

Since these speakers were clearly designed and built with immortallity in mind, it's curious that I can't find any info about them (specs, owners manual, etc.) on the Klipsch website - gee, they're only 25 years old! Anyway, I'm wondering what I can find out about them in order to create an ad. Also, I think they went for around $600-$800 each when I got them, any thoughts on what they are worth today?

Thanks for any info!

Bob

Never seen Industrial Cornwalls in ANY Klipsch literature. There are basic cabinet configurations such as black and the 'decorator' unfinished birch model.

need to get HDBRbuilder back in here but he's out of country. Trey???

Industrial Heresy I have an original sales and engineering booklet for. Here's some info compared to Heresy:

3 versions, all with K-700 horn/K55 driver and K-77 tweeter, plywood construction.

H std K22, closed box, E network (about -9 dB from LaScala) 86 db/watt/mtr, available in number of furniture and decorator utility finisheds

HIP Heresy Industrial Ported bass driver of highest efficiency (100 watt input) Aautotransformer, 3 pole Chebychev type AA-H, HP filter +zener protection for tweeter. (about -3 dB from LaScala) 92 db/watt/mtr above 50 Hz, distortion is lower than std Heresy, but 12 dB/octave HP filter recomended (available in utility vinishes and BG black fibreglass with 1/8" aluminum edgins. Edging also avail on birch black BB units.

Heresy SM Slant Monitor in either of above component configuration.

I used to do PA/disco DJ rental work with two pair of the fibreglass/aluminum LaScalas per side.

I'd like a shot at purchasing these. I'd think they would be fairly comparably priced to 'furniture' Heresies, due to the limited bass response and limited sales appeal (there's tons of small PA speakers that could blow these away today!)

please email or msg, Thanks Michael

Hey Ram,

If you're still unhappy with your Cornwalls, why doncha sell them to me and get a pair of MUCH LOUDER LASCALAS. They are like 4 dB more efficient than Corns. If you get Industrial LS, you can give em like 500 watts each and tear the roof off the sucker!

I'm serious about the purchase if you want to sell.

• 1 year later...

HIP does indeed stand for Heresy Industrial Ported. There were Heresy made without the heavy duty woofer, but 'utilitarian finishes' and not ported that is H. They would look rugged, but not have the K42 woofer.

There is a type HI that would have the K42 but not ported. Also has the type AA-H crossover.

HIP is another version as is HSM (slanted monitor)

So to recap, H, HI, HIP, HSM is the series. H is normal components, all other would be heavy duty with the K42 woofer and different crossover. The finishes were numerous, but it does not look like H could be ordered with fibreglass/aluminum.

Michael

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks Michael! On a nostalgic note, is anything still made in Hope? I toured the plant back in the late '70's while in college. The old man and I wrote back and forth a few times, and he was supposed to give a friend and me a personal tour. As it turned out, he got called away to something, and an employee took us around. I was in speaker heaven!