Replacing My Heresy II's in my HT

HERETIC

I'm thinking about replacing my heresy's in my HT setup and moving them to another room for 2 channel listening. Currently I am using them for my front left and rights. I do about 75/25 music to movies. My room size is 27x13. I was thinking about corns, belles, or KSP-400's. I would prefer all heritage HT but am restrained by available space. What would be a better match for my surrounds? What would be best for 2 channel? Is there a good compromise?

Thanks. 1.gif

getting larger speakers depends on where you are going to place them, how your furniture is laid out, the cornwalls do not sound good placed too close together, poor imaging, the cornwall sound is huge. it would be good along the long wall but not against the short, the short wall would place your centers about 9-10" imaging would suffer, big sound yes, just not as good as the cornwalls can be, and the long wall also presents a few problems, your room is shallow in reference to your length, it would require alot of toeing in, this also isnt great for imaging, forte's might be a better choice

I don't understand your post. It sounds like you are taking your H2's out of your HT to put them into a 2 CH room. Or are you trying to add larger mains so that your can use this system for 2 CH as well as HT?

What do you have for surrounds now? If you move the H2's out of mains, they will make great surrounds! Your room is kind of narrow (13') to put in big Heritage speakers. If you go long wall, you will be sitting on your back wall for imaging.

In your room, using the short wall is almost your only option for HT. Belles are almost too big. Cornwalls would be better. Either that or consider Forte's or Chorus's. LAS, Belles, or Khorns would be too close together IMO.

Long wall toed in is best for 2CH. You could go with Belles or LAS since they can be toed in easier than Khorns and a false corner.

How is your room layed out? That would let us give you some better options.

JM

You don't mention you other speakers???

If you chance it, a Heritage Hersey HT is sweet, I've seen 2 of them and was astounded, incredible, and I have a Heritage HT with Khorns up front and Hersey's in the rear. Big sound and people were looking for huge speakers, funny to watch...10.gif

Thanks for the info, sorry if I was being somewhat vague. My HT system is a Denon AVR 5800, front are the heresys, Center KSP-c6, surrounds are KSP-S6, Rears are SB2's sub is a ksw-12, I would like to take the heresys and put them in another room for 2-channel. Would the forte's alone give me enough base (if there is such a thing) for HT? I might need the KSW to go w/ the heresys to the other room. Hence the ? KSP-400's... My HT system will be set against one of the short walls.