Aussie SVS sub owners

Spanky

This is just a quick callout to any Australian SVS subwoofer owners, Just wondering what it cost you to import an SVS subwoofer? What nasty import fees/taxes/charges did you cop?

I have sent a request to customs for some info but they take weeks to respond if they ever do.

Or any other products you imported? What nasty surprises or dramas did you have?

i payed $250 us shipping and was charged another $300 aud for handling. That was for a 16-46 pc+.

Still works out a little cheaper than buying a sub from here but not much. Dont think i would do it again ( nothing against the svs, they are great subs but you will end up paying almost the same for a klipsch equivalent )

So if you don't mind me asking?

How much did the whole effort cost you after the exchange rate was taken into account?

What was the $300 for? Shipping/Handling/Dutys/GST?

I'm looking at the 20-39PCi Subwoofer which sells in the USA for $595, I was looking at the PC Plus range but I think in my dedicated theatre room of 4 x 7 metres it will leave my current twin 8" 80 watt RMS kenwood system for dead, That peice of crap has useless lowend extension, It rumbles/grumbles and farts along, So I suspect the 20-39PCi should be a massive stepup from what I'm used to.

Thanks for you help 1.gif

Thankyou for your help, I think I may have to give the SVS a miss sadly, the freight to me up in North Qld is astronomical! I got a Door to Door quote from the friendly guys at SVS and damn near fell off my Chair! By the time I imported it and paid the extra transport/brokerage fees it is nearly going to be $2000.

Sadly blowing my budget by about $800, Looks like I'll stick with the Klipsch 12" Subwoofer, Probably not in the same league, But it has to better than my 2 farting Kenwood 8" subs!

Ahh! the joys of living out in the Sticks! 3.gif

Looks like a SVS subwoofer might be back on the cards, The guys from SVS sent me a new quote and it was well under what they thought origanlly, So if I purchase a 20-39PCi I think it will perform better than the Klipsch and most likely will be around the same price or cheaper!

Excellent!