RC-7 has arrived...Finally

v3spitfire

Few weeks ago I posted saying that I took the plunge and ordered the RC7 from NameBrandez.com because of the issues I had with the "dealer" in this area. I was worried about UPS primarily.

Well it arrived today (single boxed) and when the chucked it from the moving UPS truck (kidding...) no dents to the box. I opened it and it was flawless. They really did a great job in transport, because it was only single boxed, so hats off to UPS. As I stated before, I never had a problem with UPS, but always here horror stories. Checked the back of the speaker, still has the sticker on it with serial number, so I have to believe its unaltered. I have it hooked up, and the kids are watching a kids dvd. I haven't put it to the test yet, but it definately makes it easier to listen to dialoge from this movie vs the full range infinity I was using (I was originally using infinity all around, and when I bought the RF7s, shelved the infinity's except for one that I used for center). Anyway, It's vertical now until I find a good way to display it horizontally. I'm really happy. Its cherry and looks gorgeous, for $529 vs who knows what from the dealer (who was too busy to give me a price) and was going to order it from another dealer... I figured I wasn't going to get much service from the dealer anyway, so WTF. My RF7s were auth dealer purchased, and will buy the RS7 surrounds from auth when I'm near a different dealer. But so far I'm really happy. Tomorrow is the music test. I'm looking forward to listening to my peter gabriel dvd again.9.gif

Congrates on the purchase, had a play with mine today, boy are these speakers tight out of the box, be prepared for nothing but high frequency. Theres vertually no mid-bass to speak of. I let the rf5's run over night with some low hz music at a moderate volume and it is a night and day difference when i fired them up today.

Look forward to hearing them with 100hrs or so on them.

I listened to Peter Gabriel Grows up and I'm super happy. I can't make a fair comparison since my previous center was not a true match (and wasn't even a true center). But the concert was definately much more seamless. I don't understand exactly what timbre means, but the three front channels definately blended perfectly together. I'm sure this says nothing as it should be expected, but for me, I was usually listening to this in DTS 4 channel, not 5.1 because of what I was using for a center.

What was a real pleasent surprise was that when listening to CDs or even the radio, using some of the other modes other than 2 channel stereo, actually incorporating the center channel...sounded really, really good. I feel like I now have extended use of my HK sig2.0 processor, the modes sound very natural and now believe that the 4 movie ones are identical except for emphasis on center. Very happy...this was long overdue.

It really is. I'm starting to listen to 2 channel cds in one of the non-prologic sound modes - using the center actually. It provides a very nice wall of sound that can best be described as very well blended. My only problem is it sounds best on top the tv, but there isn't really enough surface area so I'll have to build a shelf on top.

Now its just the surrounds and sub that need replaced9.gif