My HTS and sub question

norcuron

One of the things to remember about the CS Series from SVS is that they are unpowered and can therefore be used with older amp or receivers that are lying around. The orginal poster did not state if he had an amp to use but that should be taken into consideration.

I just got my SVS 20-39CS yesterday and it sounds awsome. I am already saving up for a second one :-) I have not heard any of the other subs except for in a showroom so I can't comment on how they would compare in my setting. I picked up an old Hafler P505 amp (400W/channel/4 ohms or 800w/4 ohms bridged) for $200. This brings the total investment to $679. Not bad. If you are willing to look around on eBay or ask your friends (like I did....well ok beg would be more accurate) you can probably find a decent amp cheap to power the SVS unit. Either would be a great choice but if you are thinking about adding a second sub in the future and you have an amp you can use the SVS products will come out cheaper.

------------------

Main System -

CORNWALLS (circa '79 yippe)

RC-3

RS-3's (white)

SVS 20-39CS

Harman Kardon AVR 510

Hafler P505 (running bridged 800W/4 ohms for sub)

ProMedia 4.1 for PC

Bedroom -

KG4's or RF-3's (haven't decided yet)

Harman Kardon AVR 20 MKII