Synergy 3 Series

Peter Parseghian

Peter, there really aren't any Specs that you need worry about. Klipsch speakers are very efficient and it basically boils down to what sounds good to you with your speakers..........and budget!

Most of the people here are Reference or Heritage owners......

Have you listened to your speakers at home? I for one am curious, as to how they sound..........

Welcome to the Madness............

If the reciever is for mainly home theater and music second then Denon, Yamaha, Pioner, Sony, all make good HT recievers. Also depends on your budget. I took back a NAD HT reciever and got a full refund because I did not like the sound with my KLF 20's. They let me borrow a demo adcom reciever to see if I would like that one. Did not buy the adcom but have bought 2 cd players from them. That was at a small locally owned audio/video store and not at one of the large Best Buys, etc. That is one advantage of going to smaller audio/video stores.

Xman

i own some synergy speakers and they sound good for the money they cost.

if your room is not a dedicate room for HT they are good enough.

of course they are not some reference speakers, so they have a lower sensitivity and they sound less loud than the reference.that s why reference are for larger room.

any way even the synergy speaker have a better sensitivity than a lot of other speaker from other brands.

be carrefull on the choice of your amp:

klipsch speakers, even the synergy speakers, produce what you send to them, if you send a clean signal it sound very good, if you send to them a bad signal it sound very very bad.

in a nutshell, most people here says that you should have heritage or reference instead of synergy, but if you don t want to spent a lot of money, synergy speaker are some very good speakers.

i just wanted to put a stress on the fact that synergy speakers are klipsch speakers and it means that they are good too.2.gif

of course if you can buy a reference system and if you have the room to enjoy them you don t have to hesitate.

it s an evidence that the reference line is better than hte synergy one2.gif

Yes, Synergy is a Klipsch product and by being so is an excellent performer. 9.gif

I have a set of SB-3's that cannot compare to any of the reference product I have. To be fair I have not auditioned the product he was speaking of.

On my SB-3's, the bass is great when applying volume. However the tweeter section is muted and somewhat dull compared to the Reference series horns.

As a matter of fact my Bose 301's sounded better at low volumes than the SB-3's. When loud voulume was applied the SB-3's left the 301's sounding very "thin and Tinny"

I agree with you. The Synergy series id still Klipsch and deserves that respect. I apologize and stand down2.gif

if he pay a klipsch 80% of its real price, a synergy speaker will always be cheaper than a reference one2.gif

trey may earn not enought money from klipsch9.gif

it s a joke.

I think in audio it don t worth to buy the better speakers of the word if you cannot see the difference from some wich are twice cheaper.

furthermore to get the better sound of a high end speakers you must have a high end from speakers to receiver incuding wire...

so to enjoy a high end speakers i think it will cost much more money than a cheaper speaker.

last but not least, each speakers are not designed for the same thing.for exemple, if you only watch movie or listen to music with your family in your living room, some good speakers from the synergy line and a good receiver will be enough to provide you a very good sound. and your wife won t scream because all your gear have taken all the free space in the house.

but to enjoy totaly a refernece speaker, you may have to own a dedicated treated room for HT, with high end amp and preamp.

in a nutshell i think the synergy line and the reference line are not designed for the same clients.

it s only my opinion2.gif

i bet trey have some better answers2.gif

doudou,

Not to start anything, but, I think you are incorrect on all poimts with the reference series line.

They sound great and you do not need to take a high end approach to enjoy these even though many of us do.

As far as the "wife" thing goes, a smaller Reference series speaker will give you better responce than a larger Synergy speaker will.

As I said before, your wallet will be lighter and that's where each person has to make the decision that is best for them.

Trey...still interested in your answer.

----------------

On 9/27/2004 8:43:54 AM PhilMays wrote:

doudou,

Not to start anything, but, I think you are incorrect on all poimts with the reference series line.

They sound great and you do not need to take a high end approach to enjoy these even though many of us do.

As far as the "wife" thing goes, a smaller Reference series speaker will give you better responce than a larger Synergy speaker will.

As I said before, your wallet will be lighter and that's where each person has to make the decision that is best for them.

Trey...still interested in your answer.

----------------

i want to put a stress on the fact that synergy are really a very good compromise between the price they cost and the sound they produce.

for some people a product from the synergy line is enough, even is they can pay for a pair of RF7.

and i think that if you don t feed the reference line with some matching high end product, you won t have the best of them.