what to do

steelie

Okay, I've had the new SVS kicking now for a few weeks and I couldn't be happier. My old KSW-12, needless to say, is retired and just kinda sitting in a closet. It served me well when I had Synergy speakers but it was doomed from the start when I upgraded to RF7s. Still, there's got to be some use for it, right? Anyone think I should hook it up as a second sub? Would it make any impact at all now that the SVS is on duty? Would it screw up my bass response - it did sound awfully boomy before but I don't think it would have to be turned up very loud with the new sub kicking. Or should I just pawn it off somewhere?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

stuff the kws with polyfill and see if you can transform it into a musical subwoofer. I have heard this works with other subs so why not try it on yours. It will reduce the output slighty but it might just make the sub sound like it should have.

Huu???

Now you've got me hooked. I'm all into tinkering and tweaking. I can't seem to keep my hands of stuff when it comes to modifying, improving or changing, especially when I got a toy I can play with and not worry about losing too much if I make wrong turn.

Where do I go to get more info on how to do that?

Thanks for the tip by the way.

I just stuffed mine up a little a couple days ago... Put more damping stuff directly behind the driver and damped the port really well. I'd like to think it is less boomy now, but haven't had enough time to really test it.

Just go to Walmart and buy some polyester stuffing/batting and start stuffing away.