Monster amps?

jzoz01

There is a thread on the general forum (third page) on the monster amps....

i posted the following a couple of weeks ago:

i went over to ultimate electronics yesterday during lunch and listened to the amps hooked up to a high buck kef system.....

it had to be the speakers - very little clarity with poor dynamics.... and this was on some multichannel DVD-audio tracks..... one excerpt was the carmina burana recording from telarc - i own this disc and it was a really sad reproduction on the kef's.....

i would be very interested in hearing these "monsters" on a klipsch system.... although i think the meters with the big displays would be distracting in my home theater setup..... (my rack is next to my tv).....

----------------

On 9/30/2004 8:09:32 AM Griffinator wrote:

----------------

On 9/30/2004 1:00:54 AM Hyabusha wrote:

$2999.95 for the Three channel, and $2499.95 for the two channel. I think I'm gonna add the two channel Instead.

----------------

Another $800 puts you into the Bel Canto Evo digital amplifiers - wonder how this thing stacks up to THEM (since they're playing in the same ball park)

----------------

And on top of that, I honostly don't think those Monster amps would really be any better than something like my B&K amp. They do look impressive from the pictures and specs that I've seen, though. Would still like to hear them with some Klipsch gear myself, especially compared to my B&K Reference 200.7 amp.