pair of K S B 3.1 for $150.......is this a good price ?

Born2RockU

K S B 3.1 for $150.......is this a good price ?

....if so, I may go test them at a local pawnshop. Does anyone have a pair of these. What do they compare to and what level are these, and year are these made ?

150.00 for KSB 3.1 is worth it in my opinion, especially if you don't have to pay for shipping. I think the model that replaced them are the current SB-3, however I think the KSB-3.1 are a better speaker. I used to have the floor standing equivilent of the 3.1 which were the KSF-10.5, also better than the current synergy model in my opinion.

I a/b the KSf-10.5 with the 3.1; the 3.1 sounded just as good with the exception of the lower frequencies, but it wasn'r a factor anyway since I most always use the sub. If you could score 5 or 6 KSB-3.1 or 4 KSB-3.1 and a matching center (the KSF-C5 matches well also) you could have a great sounding system for cheap. The 3.1 are good speakers, and for what you can get them for now....AWESOME price vs. performance IMO. Yeah there are better bookshelves out there, but these are FRONT ported (I think) with an 8" driver and 1" tweeter....... for 150.00