Sunfire signature vs. SVS cs-ultra

AZNracerx1989

SVS or Sunfire?

If size is a matter and you want real deep bass out of a tiny box take Sunfire.

SVS build large subwoofers for reasonable prices. If you want to spend less money and don't mind putting a large black tube in your room take them in your choice.

The difference between Signature and Signature EQ is an auto equalizer.

to ask which one is better it depends on a lot of factors.

If you connect a 20 watt wallie world special amp to the CS ultra well the results will vary. If you connect it to the K2 well you will achieve much different results.

how is your room set up, how many cuft, what type of amp will you be using to power the SvS and so on.

to come right out and say sunfire or SvS is better than the other without know the system and a little something about the room it is a matter of opinion.

Could you share some of the info mentioned above, if you have ample room for a large sub, and budget.

Damn good question

At the beginning he states:

The sound quality of the SVS CS-Ultra is really quite spectacular. I was presented with very powerful, deep, and magnificently clean sound effects as well as music. I used them as stereo subs, one in each front corner

But then he states the graphs are for only 1 sub with the amp in stereo and the subs were in opposite corners.

this leads me to believe both subs were powered BUT the mic was 1 meter from one of the subs

Check over at hometheaterspot.com there is an SvS section over there.

Lets compare both subs...

SVS Ultra belongs in what I will call the big midsized subs.Using a TV12 woofer in a ported enclosure this subs is agreat performer for both HT and music.Best when cut low and used with larger tower speakers this sub is solid down to 16Hz.At 31.5Hz it gives its strongest output,still very linear this sub is free from any bass boom and plays both loud and clean.

Best look at the powered version or get a Crown K2 amp,matching this beast with a POS receiver amp is NOT the way to go.

Sunfire Signature,it fits in the microsub category.This mini mite is the most potent microsub on the market(THE MOST).Velodyne,and just about anyone tried to best this micro subsonic warrior at 31.5hz and 25Hz...they all fail.I tested them all save for the James micro subs.Again as with the Ultra no bass boom,its a very linear sub that is best used when cut 60Hz and lower.Plays loud when called to do so and solid down to 25Hz.

All EQ series subs have an auto EQ to make the sub integrate even better in any room.

Two great subs the Ultra can play a bit louder and digs deeper.Both will shake the hell out of anything in thier price and size classes.

Single unit,one sub VS one sub.Using a pair of SVS subs and comparing them to one competiror is not a realistic comparo.

One for one,the SVS like I said goes deeper and plays slightly louder down deep.Slightly not like some clowns would like to think.But look at the size of a Sunfire Signature...per cubic inch NOTHING compares.So many attempts failed by competitors