My KLF-20's sound different from each other

roscoedawg

When I run a test to set the channel levels for home audio, the sound that comes from one KLF-20 sounds distinctly different from the other one. It's like they are two different manufacturer's.

I held a db meter next to each of the components at the same distance (6 inches)and they are constant side to side.

Any suggestions?

------------------

Yamaha RX-V2090

Yamaha DDP-2

Panasonic DVD-A110

Sony CDP-CX260

JVC AV-36D501

KLF-20 Mains w/AudioQuest CV-4 cable

C-7 Center w/AudioQuest CV-4 cable

RS-3 Fronts w/AudioQuest CV-4 cable

KSF-S5 Rears

LF-10 Sub w/AudioQuest Copperhead

KSF-15 Sub w/AudioQuest Copperhea

AudioQuest Coral interconnects on all components

My guess would be that the difference you hear is due to the way each speaker interacts with the room.

You can check this easily by switching the speakers - that is, pick up the left speaker and carry it over to where the right speaker is, then move the right speaker over to where the left speaker was. Don't change anything else - leave them wired up the same as they were. The channels will now be reversed, of course, but if you find that the sound coming from the left side of the room still sounds like it did before, and ditto for the right side of the room, then you've eliminated all other possible causes for that difference besides the room itself.

Ray

------------------

Music is art

Audio is engineering

I'll ditto Ray - "Ray"

Anywho, I have the same thing happen with my Chorus. While they don't sound as drastically different as though they were different manufacturers, they do not sound identical. So the search for the perfect front soundstage is somewhat like the quest for the Holy Grail. It will never be perfect, due to things as uncontrolable as room interactions.

Doug