upgrading ksw12 to rw12

neal420

im thinking of upgrading from a ksw12 to a rw12.how much better is the rw12 what kind of sound improvements can expect.is placement different since it fires from the front,i have my ksw in the corner where should i put the rw.

thanks for the input.room size 23ft/15ft

I think there are better subs out there for the price of the RW-12. I've heard it next to a RSW-12, and the difference was astounding.

You should consider an HSU VTF-3 or Outlaw LFM-1. They are very highly reviewed as deep, flat and musical. My friend has an RW-12, and I'll be getting my VTF-2 (the VTF-3s little brother) on monday, so I should be able to compare them soon enough. I have a sneaking suspicion that the VTF-2 might turn out to be better.

I can't comment on the RW12 but I can say that in a room that size the KSW12 is way outmatched. My room is slightly larger than yours and my KSW12 was always boomy and awful sounding. A month ago, I upgraded to a PB2+ and I've got the volume nob turned up about a third of the way in order to get all the sound I need.

Whatever upgrade path you choose, you'll be happy you did. I stuck with the KSW12 way too long.