New Synergy update:

kenratboy

Well, I ripped open a C-2 (center with 2, 5.25" woofs) yesterday and my impressions are very good. The cabinet is made of a very dense plastic like a beefy Quintet (NOT a bad thing). The woofers look to be really nice, nice inverted dust cap, silver cone, etc. The tweeter looks very different, there is some sort of plastic piece in front of the tweeter - no idea, but obviously Klipsch put it there for a reason (maybe to calm it down?) Also, there is a adjustable foot on the back of the speaker to tilt it.

Cool thing - bi-wire on the speakers (as stated by the mod) - and just so you know, the banana plug blocks come right out - this matters to me, as I think banana plugs are the coolest thing ever.

The industrial design is beautiful.

Klipsch nailed it, hopefully I will get to play with the big guys (towers) in the coming weeks - I should be ordering soon.

Lastly - if you go to the Synergy product area, the speakers are up!

F-3:

1.F3_large.jpg

----------------

On 10/16/2004 12:52:29 PM kenratboy wrote:

Klipsch nailed it, hopefully I will get to play with the big guys (towers) in the coming weeks - I should be ordering soon.

----------------

I got to play with these today at the Best Buy here in Fredericksburg. I am impressed. I think this sounded better than the previous ones. I mainly listened to the big F-3's. The biggest speaker in the line. They definitly have the clarity and detail that I'd expect out of Klipsch. They also imaged very nicely (at least what I can tell from the sub-optimal setup there at BB). The bass was actually very tight, and well defined. These definitly could hold thier own with music without the need of a subwoofer.

What else was interesting was that they have the full line setup there. I went from the F-1's to the F-2's to the F-3s. I can tell a definite difference going up the lines. The F-1s sounded somewhat constricted. The F-2s opened up better, and the F-3s really opened up, with much better clarity and detail. Yes, the difference was very noticable. Of course, part of it could be the way those speakers are crammed together, side-by-side like they are. Still, if you are going to get these speakers, I'd highly suggest trying to get the F-3s, if you can. Unfortunatly, if appeared they did not have all the bookshelf models in yet. The only ones I saw where the smallest ones (the B-2's?). EDIT: Also, they did not have all the center's in either. The only one that I recalled seeing was the C-1. I did not really look to see what all surrounds they had.

As to thier looks, I think they actually look pretty sharp. Of course, put the grill on and they look pretty much like the previous line.

Would love to hear the F-3's a/b'd with a pair of RF-35's. I was tempted take a pair home and a/b them next to the RF-5s that I have. Granted the RF-5s would most certainly be a better speaker, but still curious.

I honostly think Klipsch has got a winner here.

Now, if they could come up with a better quality sub to replace the current KSW series, to match these new Synergy speakers. I am willing to bet they got something in the cooker right now.