Problem with sattelites...

dr_kno2

I just got my Promedia 2.1's today from ebay. Set them up, made sure all connections are good, and in the proper place. Powered up, started playing some music....and there's only gobs of base and high range treble (?). I take the covers off the speakers, and only the top tweeter things are producing any sound, the 3" mids under them are doing nothing...? I'm running these on a new laptop, through the headphone jack - but i don't think that's responsible, as I've never had a speaker problem before using laptops. Are my speakers broken??? Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!

*edit: i've tried various configurations with software, adjusting,base/treble, and speaker type...still nothing. I have to get these working soon, as I only have 10 days to send them back...

Problem 1: You brought them on Ebay

Problem 2: You probably brought them at a rediculous price?

Problem 3: Read the fine lines when buying off Ebay, as they will say sold as is.

Problem 4: This is the two channel forum, there is a promedia 2.1 section.

Problem 5: This time you got scammed off ebay, next time use better judgement.

----------------

On 10/21/2004 4:48:41 AM doudou wrote:

sorry but i don t understand...

what do you mean by transfereable?

----------------

oh he said he brought them from ebay. because of that the warantee does not go to the next owner. some companies allow the warantee to last until the date they set regardless of how many owners, some companies stop the warantee after it is sold to another person

you don t have to apologize.

i know the problem:

i learnt german some years ago and i ve never practiced so i ve almost forgoten all i ve learnt.

french is a quite hard language (after german9.gif)to learn,even french people make several mistakes9.gif

here i can use my bad english, and i m quite happy because i learn lots of words and people understand me quite well.

----------------

On 10/21/2004 6:12:36 AM doudou wrote:

you don t have to apologize.

i know the problem:

i learnt german some years ago and i ve never practiced so i ve almost forgoten all i ve learnt.

french is a quite hard language (after german
9.gif
)to learn,even french people make several mistakes
9.gif

here i can use my bad english, and i m quite happy because i learn lots of words and people understand me quite well.

----------------

I have known you are French since I first read your posts, but it has just occured to me that you SPEAK French as your native language6.gif6.gif A bit slow of me I know but you do communicate quite well in English so when I read your posts I have always HEARD your words in ENGLISH3.gif To listen to you in my head in FRENCH is odd indeed2.gif

----------------

On 10/21/2004 6:08:07 AM doudou wrote:

i hope this sentence will be usefull for you one day
9.gif

do you know what it means?

i would go to the bathroom.

any way it s a good beginning.
2.gif

----------------

Got me out of French Class alot since the teacher said you had to say it in french to get out 9.gif

thanks2.gif

i really try to do my best to make me understand here.

and thanks again because i learn a lot on this forum, it helps me a lot to improve my english.

the only thing tha puzzled me sometimes is that i don t understand all the jokes and the play on word you all do.14.gif

but one day i will make succed in laughting with you2.gif