Quintets vs. Ksb 1.1, 2.1

Klipsch-daddy

I would like to have everyones opinion on these speakers. I currently have the white quintes and am thinking about getting something that sounds better and it louder. I have ksb 3.1 for fronts, and a ksc-c1 for a center. Are there any pros or cons on switching from either?Confused.gif

------------------

My HTS:

MAINS: KSB 3.1

CENTER: KSC-C1

REAR: WHITE QUINTETS

SUB: KSW-12

TV: TOSHIBA THEATER VIEW 50"

RECEIVER:KENWOOD VR-4080B

DVD: SONY S-360 DVD PLAYER

FOR SALE PINANNCLE WIDESCREEN CTR (105.00)

While the Quintets are nice speakers, your fronts are a bit strong for them. I'd look at either the SS-.5 or the SS-1 to upgrade the surrounds. The matching surrounds for your fronts are the now-discontinued KSB-S1. I think the SS-1 is probably a closer match for you than the SS-.5.

DD

Dd, i was hoping these ksb 1.1 or 2.1 would be close to mine and sound good for surround. i can pick some up on ubid for 40.00 a piece. thats a deal

------------------

My HTS:

KD- Sorry I didn't pick up the gist of that in your post -- it was late Smile.gif

The 1.1 and 2.1 would make fine rears for your 3.1, especially at that price. That will give you a direct-radiating rear array, which is great for 5 channel "stereo" music. It will also work well for your movies, but some people prefer the non-directional style of the SS-1, RS-3/7, etc... for the rear effects.

Enjoy!

DD

DD,

Thanks. There is a guy on the thread Dsp modes. What do you listen to. He has the same setup as I want ksb 3.1 and 1.1 (as rears) and even the Ksc-c1. They have to be better than the quintets because the quintets sound directional to me anyway..

------------------

My HTS:

quote:

Originally posted by Klipsch-daddy:

What do you listen to.

If you mean what speakers do I listen to, take your pick. It's quite a mish-mash right now. I have KG3, KG4, Forte, Chorus, SS-1, and KV-3 center - not all at once, nor in the same room. The HT is Chorus mains, and the center is under negotiation now - may end up as a Forte or a Quartet. Rears are SS-1s, for now, until I find some RS-3s on clearance. Oh yeah, and a Velodyne CT-120 sub.

Music-wise I listen to everything except C&W and opera. Otherwise, you'll see a bit of everything in the changer...

DD