Help me with finishing up my home theater speakers

shieldwolf

Firstly, let me welcome you to the forums. You made a great choice as far as the speakers are concerned.

I think that if you use your system primarily for home theater, you should probably go with an RC-7 for the rear center, and RS7s for rear surrounds. With a powerful system like that I'd say you should grab an RSW-12 or even RSW-15 subwoofer -> you don't want the sub to be underpowered.

I'd like to ask you what you're going to use to drive this system (which receiver or combo of separates). If you haven't decided yet, I am sure we can help you make a great choice to complement your Klipsch speakers.

----------------

On 10/25/2004 12:13:47 AM shieldwolf wrote:

thanks for the advice but isn't rc7 is used for mainly dialouge and the center rear channel is strictly music and effects.

----------------

As somebody who has an RC-7 in the rear-center, I'll tell you it will be an excellent speaker for that. I found I liked it better back there instead of using an RS-7s. Yes, I'd highly recommend using an RC-7 in the rear center.

RC-7 does everything. Bar bass extension, it's the best sounding speaker on the reference line, period. I don't think anyone has anything bad to say about it; they certainly shouldn't anyways.

Also, the number of subwoofers you go with is highly dependent on how loud you turn your system up. With just the RF-7's full throttle, neither a single rsw-12 or rsw-15 will keep up. The fact of the matter is that the rf-7 gets unncecessarily loud, so don't feel you automatically have to have two subwoofers since most people don't crank them (rf-7's) up to 126 db, although if you had dual of either of the rsw-12 or rsw-15, you would be good to go regardless of how loud you turn your system up.

/2cents

I think the floating issue of dual subs cancelling each other out isa little overemphasized. You can have far less nodes in a room using phasing between two subs. I've found that one usually doesn't go wrong doing dual front firing subs in the front (one next to each front)...get that easy parallel phasing. i think you can get better coverage and response overall with two subs with ease.