Timbre Monster

colterphoto1

Well, this beast rears it's ugly head again. I'm currently purchasing (from a Forum listing) a set of 4 RB5's with a KLF-C7 center channel speaker. Mostly just wanted the RB's, but how good/bad of timbre balance will this setup have? The KLF-C7 is two 8" Poly CG woofers and a K90KV poly driver into 90x60 Tractrix horn with xover at 2Khz. Response is 75 -20K and 99db/w on KLF speaker.

Thanks for input.

Michael

The KLF-C7 is voiced for the Legend series speakers (ie. KLF-10, 20, 30) definately not a match for the RB-5's but a good center none the less. I think since I think you have a RC-7 already that would be the center to use with them or maybe something smaller RC-3, RC-3II, RC-35.

Try it when you get it and see what you think though.

I was using a KV-4 center as center channel reinforcement along with my La Scala, and honestly I could not tell it was there, it blended well. But I just got an Academy and can say the Academy beats the pants off the KV-4 for dialogue interpretation. I now understand what all the hoopla is about!

Would the KLF-C7 possbily be a better match for my Cornwall than the RC7? I may have accidentally solved that problem as well. Are the KLF-C7's much in demand as center speakers for the Legend series? I have no experience with this series of speaker. Looks like they were a short-lived series. Were they very popular or what was the difficulty with them that Klipsch went on to the Reference series?

Thanks

Michael