Pioneer DV-AX10 CD/DVD Player

GRB

Nope, all I know is DV-AX10. Now that you bring it up, was this unit ever sold in North America through normal dealer channels? The guy I am trying to buy it from says "perfect" condition and his asking price is very reasonable.

Yeah, they were pricey, thus the rave reviews I guess. I think they went out of production about 18 months ago and I have been looking for a used one. Currently going in the $2k range, but hard to find. Just thought I could get a better feel If I could get some first hand feedback from an owner. Thanks anyway.

Yes,I have a Pioneer DV-AX10.Its a Super Audio,DVD Audio/DVD player.A one does all unit,the DV-AX10 is for american models.

It retails for $5000US and $8000CAN.Its Pioneer top of the line unit,weighs around 60lbs and its built quality is second to none.For Super Audio CD playback its a killer unit,as a DVD player it more than matches Pioneer's Elite lineup.For DVD Audio its quite a good unit too,for CD playback you can get better sound quality but you will have to get a Krell or a Mark levinson CD playback system.

Its golden finish is gorgeous and really makes it a showcase piece in ANY system.

If you find one and are looking for a top flight player,get it.Its a five star product,to better it you need to pay MUCHO more.

A happy DV-AX10 user

9.gif

Any mass markey CD/DVD player sounds and feels like a pece of trash compared to this 60lbs goliath. 16.gif

For 2K USD GET ONE NOW,if it did not get abused by some snooty bums

I know mine will stay at home for many years to come,right now I have an eye on a Krell unit. 1.gif

I had mine for almost two years,the unit is awesome.No issues so far,never a hickup.The whole unit oozes quality and craftsmanship,liek a Mark Levinson or Jeff Rowland would.The only let down is the remore,its the same remote you get with most Pioneer Elite DVD players,only its in ...gold instead of black.

At least they should have supplied a better remote,that is all for the bad side.

And this unit weighs more than mopst power amps and large receivers!The construction and copper interior are a true work of art,the shielding is top noth.Its the real deal with the DV-AX10.

I am getting another unit,a dealer has on and I will get it.And use it as transport only.As I am looking to get a high end outboard D/A converter.I am getting my second DV-AX10 for $4500CAN...brand new.

With the DV-AX10 life is good,and anyone who will see and hear what this beauty can do will be nothing less than very impressed,aven fellow audiophiles. 1.gif