Ok I wanna get a new Home Theater system but....

blake_mooney

I can't decide who to go with, now I can't afford Klipsch, so they really aren't an option, my other choices are JBL, Infinity and Cambridge Soundworks, and the prices of each system are as follows....

JBL - $2100

Cambridge Soundworks - $2700

Infinity - $3300

Now that's with very high end components from each company, and I'm really into having a lot of earth shattering bass, so which company would you guys say is the best out of these? Any other suggestions are welcome, thanks in advance. :)

Welcome to the KLIPSCH forum.

Sorry that you cannot afford Klipsch. In your price range I would look at Synergy and Reference bookshelf speakers.

If you like the Klipsch sound, you can find a good deal in your price range. If the Klipsch sound is not for you, then get the speakers that you like sound wise.

Bill

----------------

On 10/31/2004 6:55:33 PM MrMcGoo wrote:

Welcome to the KLIPSCH forum.

Sorry that you cannot afford Klipsch. In your price range I would look at Synergy and Reference bookshelf speakers.

If you like the Klipsch sound, you can find a good deal in your price range. If the Klipsch sound is not for you, then get the speakers that you like sound wise.

Bill

----------------

Yah but where can I find Klipsch's for a good price?

Who says you can't afford Klipsch?

Let's take the median price of $2500 even. Let's explore list prices

2x RF-35s (mains)-> $1000

1x RC-35 (center)-> $400

2x RS-35 (surrounds)-> $600

1x RW-12 (subwoofer)-> $650

-----------------------

Sub-total: $ 2650

Now, take off AT LEAST 15% that a good dealer will give you off the list price (should be 20% with such a large purchase) and you get

Total: $ 2250

This is just $150 more than the cheapest option you presented us with.

Now, you could just get a Panasonic XR-50 receiver for something like $300 if you wanted to keep the price down and I guarantee that you'd be happy.

You could actually drop all your speakers to the 25-series reference and probably wind up WAY below $2000 INCLUDING a receiver.

On the other hand, if you were prepared to spend $3300 for the Infinity, you can actually start looking at the Reference 7-series speakers.

2x RF-7s -> $2000

1x RC-7 -> $750

2x RS-7 -> $800

1x RW-12 -> $650

--------------------------

Sub-total -> $4200

Total (After a 20% discount which you WILL get with this system) -> $3360

Which is ... wait for it... JUST $50 over the most expensive option you wanted to know about.

----------------

On 10/31/2004 7:10:30 PM meuge wrote:

Who says you can't afford Klipsch?

Let's take the median price of $2500 even. Let's explore list prices

2x RF-35s (mains)-> $1000

1x RC-35 (center)-> $400

2x RS-35 (surrounds)-> $600

1x RW-12 (subwoofer)-> $650

-----------------------

Sub-total: $ 2650

Now, take off AT LEAST 15% that a good dealer will give you off the list price (should be 20% with such a large purchase) and you get

Total: $ 2250

This is just $150 more than the cheapest option you presented us with.

Now, you could just get a Panasonic XR-50 receiver for something like $300 if you wanted to keep the price down and I guarantee that you'd be happy.

You could actually drop all your speakers to the 25-series reference and probably wind up WAY below $2000 INCLUDING a receiver.

On the other hand, if you were prepared to spend $3300 for the Infinity, you can actually start looking at the Reference 7-series speakers.

2x RF-7s -> $2000

1x RC-7 -> $750

2x RS-7 -> $800

1x RW-12 -> $650

--------------------------

Sub-total -> $4200

Total (After a 20% discount which you WILL get with this system) -> $3360

Which is ... wait for it... JUST $50 over the most expensive option you wanted to know about.

----------------

The only thing is, where do I find them for that price?

----------------

On 10/31/2004 7:01:21 PM blake_mooney wrote:

Yah but where can I find Klipsch's for a good price?

----------------

It's very easy. Just use the Dealer Locator function on the main webpage, then visit a few dealers that are closest to you and see who's friendly.

I've been advising people's HT purchases for a couple of years and they've NEVER failed to get a 15% discount off the list price. Heck, out of the few systems I've helped put together, all but one got a discount of 20% or more.

If a dealer won't give you 15% off the list, he/she is not being honest. No one ever pays MSRP... for anything... EVER.

For the best prices, use the dealer locator to find an independent dealer for Reference speakers. A package deal should net between 10 and 25 percent discount. I would stay away from unauthorized dealers.

Another possibility is to buy used Heritage speakers for a killer home theater.

Never pay full retail for speakers. Margins are designed to leave room for a discount. If you need help on negotiating, there are many members that can provide information.

Bill