WTB...Single Heresy or Academy...I Continue To Be Educated...

cob1708

I continue to be educated in the class of Klipsch 101 on the qualities and characteristics of the Heresy verses the Academe speaker. After several emails it seems that either speaker would do me fine for a center speaker. As posted before this center speaker will be matched with Khorns and Cornwalls so I want to get a good timbre match. Thus being further educated by those who kmow much more than I on these fine speakersThe question is...Does anyone have a good single Heresy for sale? I would hate to have to buy a pair and use only one of the two.

Again thanks for your support as I continue to get educated into the Klipsch family and I slowly get my HT put together.

16.gif

My plan is to buy a pair and drive them with a separate amp. Otherwise the 7 dB sensitivity mismatch is a nuisance to compensate for (but not impossible).

But we could split a pair! 2.gif

I suppose I never go above -20 dB or so when watching a movie anyway and could always drop the center channel for really loud music.

Crazy Poster...

From the various emails I have received it has been suggested that it is better to go with one Heresy then to connect a pair...This is the reason I was going with a single speaker.

I would be interested in splitting a pair...

You can email me and we can disuss this further if you are interested.

If you have the room and the budget, go for a Cornwall center speaker. I tried the Heresy for a center, but I was not satisfied until I went with the Cornwall center between my Cornwall mains. Compared to the Cornwall, the Heresy (even two Heresys) sounds "small".

As for me, if I had the room for a cornwall I'd probably put in a La Scala (to match my other two). They are both about the same height. The only way for me to fit a La Scale would be to angle it into the suspended ceiling a bit. Could work, but WAF is not obvious...

You could also do a custom built center, if you want to spend some time doing so. Really don't need a lot of tools. table saw, miter (maybe), router, and a sander. This would provide you with a cool project and enable you to build a center that provides the sound and timbre match you are looking for in the size constraints you have. I have a pair of La Scala's and really could not fit another for a center. But I wanted timbre and matching as well. I achieved that with help from many board members here. It was one of the most fun projects I had done for myself in a long time. If you need some help let me know I can share construction pics with you to give you some idea's on something you may like to do.

Here is a pic

post-8797-13819259205018_thumb.jpg