impulse buy

dolbyscat

On a whim i just purchased a marantz 1152dc integrated amp off ebay.Not the way i thought i would go,but i figured how far wrong could i be going??.Tubes are still in my near future when im able to audition some.Anyway has any member had experience of this amp?What can i expect with my rf5's? It wont be here for more than a week,so i've got plenty of time to think about any mistakes i may or may not have made. look forward to any input or advice. John.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought that i'd give an update on the Marantz 1152dc, i'm no expert,so you wont be getting an in depth review.Purchased on ebay,this thing is as new,picked up from seller in vancouver,overall a good experience,which was something of a relief after hearing others horror stories.Well first of all this is most certainly a step up from the H/K av reciever,and i thank those of you who suggested a 2 channel amp for music,surround recievers or at least the one that i have just do'snt compare.The sound seems so much fatter(or was the H/k thin),bass is tighter with much more punch,i can actually feel the drums,and no longer have the need of my sub,at least for music.I would'nt have believed my rf5's capable of what i'm hearing now.All of this and only $300,most certainly a good experience.I hope any others new to audio find this helpful,i'm sure some will think i could have put my money to better use,but for now i and my neighbours have a different take on music. 2.gif