Anyone seen/heard the new synergy series speakers?

ARPRINCE

Yeah... I hear what you're saying, there are many many people that just go to BB and trust BB to give them a good value for their dollar. In many cases, they can walk away satisfied, because really, for many, there are no real wrong choices and just about anything that makes it into BB has had "some" qualification by BB product buyers who are knowledgable about the market. They'll put a range of product on the shelves and they'll negotiate with the manufacturer for good prices and good margin. I'm sure they were tough negotiators with Kilpsch.

Still some people will buy the wrong systems just because that's what the sales person wants to sell them that day. Thats the uneducated consumers loss. Same thing happens at car dealers everyday. "Gee I went in looking for a station wagon, and came out with a sports car, but I love the color!" LOL!!

They're the Walmart of consumer electronics. They can push their weight around. The consumer can take advantage of it and in many cases even the less than knowledgable consumer can win by buying there.

Still, as more and more people learn how to do the upfront research places like BB will put more and more small specialty shops out of business.

It is very sad in many repsects, I remember back in college in the late 60s and early 70's. I was an electronics major and hung around this little Hi-Fi proshop in Worcester Mass.. the Hi-Fidelity house. They sold, McIntosh, Klipsch, Marantz (when they really were an American company), AR, KLH, (Bose was just starting to hit the market)..we would spend all day long "Demoing" ther latest gear, even though we couldn't afford any of it. LOL! But I loved the place! The guy that owned the place owned a muffler factory and that was his real job. The Hi-Fi House was just his hobby.. Places like that just don't seem to exist anymore.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 11/9/2004 1:45:12 PM Dre wrote:

Hey everyone,

Trey gave me the heads up that this thread was alive on the forum so I thought I would put my coin in the coin-purse.

I am Andre LaRouche I havent posted much, mostly cause I was busy designing the Synergy line that just launched at BBY. I am the Acoustic Design Engineer for the synergy launch team. Anyway, I think that trey is right that you need to get out and give them a listen before you pass judgement, because they really are above and beyond the products on the BBY show floor.

I personally feel that by putting this product out there we increased the name recognition, without sacrificing quality and performance. In no way are these a cheap value product. They will be the open the door for new customers in reference and heritage products. I am very excited to see how they stir up the market.

Thanks.

Andre LaRouche

Acoustic Design Engineer

andre.larouche@klipsch.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Denon AVR-3805

Denon DVD-1910

Klipsch F3 Synergy Floorstanders, Klipsch B3 Synergy Bookshelves

Klipsch RC-7 Center Channel

Klipsch RS-7 Surrounds

Klipsch THX Subs

-----------------------------------------------------------------

----------------

Just a couple of years ago, you had to seek a hi-end shop to listen and purchase a Klipsch product. You usually delt with a local owner/salesman of a fine shop, such as Classic Stereo, Sound Exchange,Altronics, etc. The salesman/owner was very helpful and usually an adiouphile himself, ahh the good old days. But then again Paul Klipsch used to sign the back of is anniversary K-Horns, The good old days. Everyone sells out sometime.

Guest Anonymous

its realy the only way to grow your buisness and climb to the top, even where i work... sometimes the only way to beat the compition is to buy them....

----------------

On 11/6/2004 5:48:30 PM kenratboy wrote:

But what if this fattens Klipsch's bottom line and makes it possible for good Reference and Heritage gear to still be made available? I don't think any of us would argue with that.

Same thing with the Porsche Cayenne - HUGE margin, mass appeal - but if the new 911 (997) is any indication of what money can do to a company - I'm all for it.

----------------

replace the word Cayenne with Boxster and your analogy works.