Unfortunate TSO news...

Joe Shmoe

While surfing around this morning, I found this on the Trans Siberian Orchestra webite:

arrow.gif TSO News <2004-11-01>

It is with deep sorrow that we have to announce the passing of our bandmate Daryl Pediford. He was a magical talent and for those of you who had the opportunity to see him light up the stage, you know how much he will be missed.

It was a blessing to be able to spend time with such a spirited soul. We treasure the time we had with him both personally and professionally.

Daryl Pediford was more than a fellow band member, more than a friend.

He was our brother

This is really unfortunate, this guy could really sing. Hopefully there will be more news as to what happened? I was really looking forward to seeing his performance this year. Man, how do you find a relacement for that kind of talent? I'm bummed!

As the saying goes "The Show Must Go On", so I am sure they will find a replacement. When touring, there are actually two orchestra's: one for the West and one for the East. Daryl was with the Eastern tour. I still haven't heard or read what exactly had happened... They haven't posted anything on the cause yet.

Yes they are outstanding! The first time I saw the show it was in a smaller venue, on their first tour. Somehow I managed front row center through ticketmaster... was awesome, me and the wife got some pics & sticks. As if that wasn't good enough, we then caught the show last year in a bigger arena setting, and I was amazed at all the lights, lasers & pyro they had!...they really put alot of money into the effects. I am sure this year will be no different, and from what I read they are planning a Non-Christmas tour in the summer for their "Beethoven's Last Night" Disc... can't wait!

Got 3rd row center for their Colorado Springs stop. Saw them first time in Phoenix last year and were blown away. We've become somewhat evangelical about them in our neighborhood, and expect some of the neighbors to join us.

If you want the best tickets, sign up for their "fan club" on their website and you get access to an advance ticket sale, a good 2 weeks before they go on sale to the general public.

----------------

On 11/6/2004 9:28:16 AM dougdrake wrote:

Got 3rd row center for their Colorado Springs stop. Saw them first time in Phoenix last year and were blown away. We've become somewhat evangelical about them in our neighborhood, and expect some of the neighbors to join us.

----------------

I just scored a ticket for thier Richmond show on the 23rd! 3rd row from the stage, near the center! I am listening to thier newest CD right now, and I am totally impressed. I wanted to see them last year, but by the time I found out about thier shows, there were already over in this area. I cannot wait to see this show! It ought to be truly an awesome experience, especially as I've never seen them before live.

Yes, I saw that annoucement about the death on thier website. Truly unfortunate, but as somebody else said - "The show must go on!". May Daryl's soul rest in peace. But at the same time, may TSO continue to provide the truely awesome and talented shows and CDs that they have for the past few years (I don't know how long they have been around, but I only "found out" about them last year myself. I know own all of thier current CD's).