Need a low priced reciever,and speakers for other room

TIbor

Hi

Expecting a baby soon, and we are making the upstairs living room which is now empty into a sitting room(or whatever she calls it). The basement will remain the ht room. I have a tv picked out probably a 27 or 32 in fs(probably in the 300 dollar range). Now she wants a radio upstairs , she was looking at garbage mini 2 channel systems along those lines. Now what I am looking for is a reciver and two speakers. It will probably only be used for radio or cds, and maybe some dvd tv viewing. I dont see it ever going into 5.1 or 6.1 range. Now we have about 500 dollars in gift cards for best buy. I can chip in some cash but I have to be frugal! So I will be buying there sorry Griff 6.gif I think even the synergy bookshelves are out of my price range at this time. Any help

Thanks

Hi Tlbor! Given your budget and your having a $500 Best Buy gift card, here is what I would purchase: Synergy Series B3 bookshelves for $329, Yamaha 5730 receiver with 100 watts x5 SILVER COLOR for $199. It would be a very decent sounding system for the money and would also be ready for surround sound if you ever change your mind. Good luck!