Recommendations for wires

Dane3xRemoved

Hi,

I'm looking for recommendations regarding what to do with the wires between the speakers and the receiver in the living room. It's a mess with the wires visible. Most of them are running behind the couch, radiators, and media cabinets but of course they're visible in places. What do you do?

1) Hire someone to fish wires through the walls?

2) Pull up the wall-to-wall rug around the edges and put it back down again?

3) Is there a wireless system for home theater?

Thank you for your input.

-- Scott

Wire management is always a headache with HT systems. There are just so many of them! Your #1 & #2 solutions will both work equally as well. #3 is somewhat an iffy situation. While there is some 900 mhz equipment available to do the job, they mostly come with dedicated speakers which you would want to have to be straddeled with unless there were no other options.

In my case I ran my surround cables up through the wall to the ceiling line then ran them around to the sides and back of the room, dropping down a short distance in the wall to the speaker height and exiting through a hole in the wall.. Then I covered the whole mess with crown moldings. The attached picture shows the results before I covered the exit hole with a euscutchen plate to close it. I

Signal Cable, Signal Cable, Signal Cable. The best cables and

most insane difference in the sound of my system. I have a Krell Amp, 8260 SACD, Velodyne Sub and Klipsch Speakers and my freind tossed 850.00 speaker wires for Cables 125.00 Shogun Biwire. I baught their digital electric cord for the SACD. Shogun for Biwire

and audio connectors. Ouch for my pal Bill since they indead are better than his first 850.00 set.I paid 250.00 for everything and now I am not upgrading my speakers. Ask for Frank and mention my name, Mark Osinoff, he will set you up. Signal Cable on the net

and you will get his website with products and reviews. Don't get anything till you check these babies out.

go into wall...then either up into attic or down into basement if you have one....then run to the area you want speaker...and then back into wall....

pretty easy...

I use cable outlet plates and remove the union so the wires run through the hole......or buy blanks and drill the holes.....