4.1 dead need color code for resistor r12

rodspc

Hi John,

With my 4.1s, I never really had any problems with them before openning them up. I purchased the set off of Ebay and being the tinker in me, I openned them up to see what's up. At that point, I noticed the issues with R12 and R26 so I replaced them. The set worked for months until something else caused the 4.1s to be dead - I've haven't found out what the something else is, yet.

Since it's fine when you initally power it up and then starts having issues after it gets warm, I would assume it is a heat related issue. Since the discolouration comes from heat, it is a good chance that changing the resistors will address your problem. Really, the only cost involved is a little time and a couple of bucks...

Hi,

Today I replaced my R-12 & R-26 resistors. I thought I had it fixed, no rumbling. But then after being on for aprox 2 hours they started to rumble again. I am so bumming.

Do you have any other ideas of what could cause the sub to make these rumbling noises. Thanks Much. John

• 1 month later...

im a total rookie here, but managed to locate and remove the resistors before consulting the forums, so i'm feeling pretty good about the process thus far. what i dont know, however is where to find and buy / order the replacement r12 and r 26 resistors....

help please!