cornwall specs

tglahn17

Hi, all,

I'm looking for some high efficiency speakers for my hi-fi (no home theater, only audio). Here's my original post on the subject in the General section http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=56403&sessionID={D36DB0A0-5ECE-4163-AAFE-6D5798683EC2}. From the replies, I'm thinking about the Cornwalls. What are the specs for the Cornwall and Cornwall II? Thanks,

Thanks!

I didn't know that they were in the Classic line. Were they in the Heritage line before they were discontinued? I see that the Cornwall II is double the efficiency of the Cornwall. I have single-ended 300B tube amps. What are the differences in sound between the Cornwall and Cornwall II? Thanks,

----------------

On 11/8/2004 3:00:40 AM tglahn17 wrote:

Thanks!

I didn't know that they were in the Classic line. Were they in the Heritage line before they were discontinued? I see that the Cornwall II is double the efficiency of the Cornwall. I have single-ended 300B tube amps. What are the differences in sound between the Cornwall and Cornwall II? Thanks,

----------------

Yes, they were/are a part of the Heritage family. I think they're monikered as Classic because they're no longer in production.

The only difference between the Cornwall and Cornwall II is the tweeter and crossover tweak. The K79 tweeter of the CW II can handle a little more power. The efficiency ratings should be the same.

Sound-wise, the Cornwall is wonderful and your 300B should do very well. The midrange can sound forward with lesser amplification, but you should be fine. Bass on these babies is quite special.

----------------

On 11/8/2004 6:39:44 PM tglahn17 wrote:

Thanks!

I found a listing on Audiogon for Cornwall IIs. But they're in Chicago, and the owner won't ship. Do the Cornwalls give more bass than the La Scalas? Thanks,

----------------

The corns do not have horn-loaded bass and go deeper with more punch than the lascalas. No need for a sub with the corns. I urge you to listen to both if you're torn. I personally like the bass of the corns but it's a different animal altogether. I think you'll be very pleased.