Halo 2

dblue

Guest David Copenhaver

Has anyone actually had a chance to play this? Of course I couldn't be so lucky as to find a store that was running a demo for play.15.gif

I have played it... quite a bit actually. I think it is an excellant game, particularly the campaign missions. The added weapons and maps really add to the multiplayer experiance. I have two major gripes, however. The pistol does near no damage anymore (for those of you who were accustomed to using it in the first Halo) and the fact that you can't choose a multiplayer game when playing for rankings (the server sets up the games to Bungie's list of specifications). But even still, if you're looking to play custom games, just download Xlink Kai (very good tunneling software).

Guest David Copenhaver

I actually found a Blockbuster that had several copies available for renting, so I had a chance to play the game yesterday. I have to say, I am pretty impressed. They left what was great about the game alone, and added a few things to make it that much better. No doubt this one will be purchased soon.9.gif

Well, I played from 1am to 6 am on Tuesday, then from about 10:30 am to about 10:30 PM.....All I can say is HOLY CRAP. I'm glad I took the day off. Online is flawless ( with the exception of a few game choosing issues, which I hope they fix ), and the Campaign is freakin UNBELIEVABLE. I can't believe some of the graphics, and the sound sounds SWEET on my system. In multiplayer, the people talking on live actually come from where they are in the game!!!

A true milestone in gaming.

BTW, king of the hill is great for small groups. And Juggernaut isn't bad either.

BTW, I'm going to be starting a clan pretty soon, just a small one for fun, as soon as I think of a name. Probably no more than 20 or so people. I'll post the name here as soon as I create it.

Also, feel free to post gamertags here, always looking for more friends to play with. Mine's:

KungFool

They are case-sensitive, so watch out.

Hope to see you guys out there. CRANK it on the Klipsch!

Dude,

My xbox is chipped, so i can't risk playing Halo 2 live for the moment until i buy a new one. Someone mention something that might change that though, Xlink Kai, now i've tried installing on my my yesterday and disabled firewall but i just can't get it to work. Can someone who have a better understand explain to me what to do. By the way Halo 2 is WOW. It's simply awesome dude.

I also have a chipped Xbox, but I've been playing on Live! for the past few days. So long as you have your chip turned off to play Halo 2 online, you'll be fine.

EDIT: Give it a shot anyway before you buy a new Xbox. If it turns out that you do manage to get banned, that just means they banned that specific Xbox and nothing else. If that's the case, then you go out and get yourself a new box and just load your live account onto that one. Just don't spend the extra money until you have to. 1.gif

P.S. If you have any other questions about Xbox live and any bannings, let me know... I'll help you out as I can.

Am I the only person that doesn't like Halo 2? Let me rephrase that. I liked Halo 1 and Halo 2 is just more of the same thing with some new weapons and tweaked vehicles. That's all fine and dandy, but I just found myself getting bored of the gameplay after an hour. Personally, I would have liked to see more of the phsyics and destructible environments factor into the gameplay. There's a reason I don't play Halo 1 anymore - I got bored of it. The only thing thats a good improvement over part 1 is the implementation of multiplayer. It's too bad I don't play on xbox live. If you like the multiplayer and play xbox live, then Halo 2 would be pretty good. For me, this is another case of an overhyped game. Just my opinion.

Man, I'm actually getting irritated that Halo2 came out. Every since it came out, all my buddies have abandoned Madden NFL 2005.. This after telling how badly I needed to by Madden... SO I get it and a month later they all run of and start playing halo while I'm still totally hooked on Madden... Rude basturds.

I don't know what you guys are talking about on Single Player....it's freakin long enough if you play it on Heroic. Normal is just WAY too easy this time around, especially if you're good at the first one. Normal will take a decent gamer around 7-12 hours...Heroic already has me up toward 15 or so, and I've got a while to go. Heroic on Halo 2 is more like Legendary on Halo 1.

Just my take. It's lasting more than long enough for me.

I love Halo 2 on multiplayer. Does anyone want me on their friends list? My tag is: "the jig" Send me a friend request! I played the game co-op with a friend for about 4 hours, I had a good time and that was on normal. I can't wait to learn the levels a little better and play on heroic or legendary. I've spent countless hours playing Halo 1 on legendary. I love the Pillar of Autumn.