Wall Mounting Hardware for Klipsch RB-35

Mr_Larry

I am setting up a new 2-channel system for my parents in their large living room. They do not want floor standing speakers. After a great deal of research I came to the conclusion that the Klipsch RB-35 speakers would be good for the application. I listened to them and I love them. I want to mount the speakers from a 12" x 4" beam that runs horizontally across the room under the ceiling. These speakers are pretty heavy at 24 pounds.

Has anyone done this?

I'm currently looking at the OmniMount 60.0 as seen at:

http://www.mountsandmore.com/prods/OmniMount/60.0-WA-Series/Omnimount/0C218/0POM0024.htm

I'm aware there is a 30 pound version, but I'd prefer to get the next size up for additional security.

Does anyone know if the RB-35 has a threaded insert mounting option, or is it only a keyhole mount? I have run across conflicting information.

Thanks

I may need to look one more time. I'm certain of the keyhole, but when you said that they may have both, I did not look in the keyhole to see if there were threads. There are no threaded inserts visible on the back of the speaker, but I did not look that closely inside the keyhole. I'll climb back up the bookcase tonight and get back with you. Carl