Elemental Designs Subwoofer

D-Rex

----------------

On 11/22/2004 4:58:26 PM Scp53 wrote:

never heard of those but they look VERY well built. but which one are you talking about, i couldnt find the sp series.

heres the site for all who read this and need a link- www.edesignaudio.com

scp53

----------------

I was/am looking at possibly buying a used one, the SP series has been discontinued, replaced by the 'O' series from what I have been told. I will check out the website and see what I can find out.

Thanks,

Dallas

----------------

On 11/23/2004 12:12:06 AM Scp53 wrote:

give me a link to the driver your talking about

----------------

I was an Elemental Designs driver on Ebay that I let expire without bidding on it. It went for about $130 plus shipping but since I couldn't get a good idea of how well an HT sub it would make I decided not to go after it. I am thinking about just springing for the 15" Blueprint driver since it is definitely a HT sub and can handle the 1000W plate amp I have.

The BPD 1503 is definitely a HT sub. It should keep you satisfied for a while. I am enjoying mine...

Thing is, it is not so great for fast bass action, as in really quick moving bass drums or something similar. It's high Le (between 5 and 10, but no one is sure) is mostly to blame for this. It still does a good job as a music sub, though. But, it is definitely good for HT. 1000W power handling helps, as well. I'm giving mine 1100W or so.