PC-Ultra is here

killerbee_vr6

Even just stuffed in a corner uncalibrated, it's a monster. I played "The Vikings" from "Pomp and Pipes" and the windows were visibly moving. I'm talking like a quarter of an inch. Slam for days, thunderous, tight (VERY tight) and loud. It honestly seems bottomless in my room. I'm putting 400wpc of McIntosh power into my Chorus IIs and the sub is still crossing my eyes. I'll give a proper review after an afternoon of calibration. Wow.

I've got the sub partially dialed-in (flat to 20hz at my seat) except for a room-suckout from 50 to 60 hz that was there before. There is no way this sub could be described as "slow". It sounds "right there" all of the time, there is no overhang or slop or any of the adjectives thrown around about vented boxes. Low frequencies sound like they're coming out of a bottomless pit, even at low volumes. The soundstage size feels like it has quintupled. There's low-frequency information in so many songs that I never knew existed.