What are my options with these parameters?

rplace

Looking for some guidance from people who might have a similar set up or just people who know more then me. What are the thought, pros/cons, etc. on speaker set up for the following:

Room

13 Wide ( 45X80 Screen on this wall ) and 16 long. Left Rear corner has a 3X2 closet hiding the basement stair well (3 in direction parallel to screen and back wall). I do have the option of making the opening to closet shorter at about 55-60 inches and making the remaining 2 feet from shortened closet top to ceiling a shelf for possible rear/side speaker placement. I have the added problem of two French doors (6 total opening) on the left side of the room when facing the screen. This allows for a nice wide open feel if a sporting event is on for viewing from outside the HT looking in. when closed it is totally dark. Door opening starts about 4 from front wall. Meaning that on the left side of the room where the front wall meets the left wall you have corner, 4 of wall, 6 of double door, 4 of wall 2 of closet. Due to the potential for the door to swing 180 degrees from closed to open I dont really have the ability to mount a speaker on that wall because when the door swings fully open there is only about a foot or so from the edge of the open door to the closet. Not ideal I know. Side speaker on a stand that can be moved perhaps? Let the door swing open and hit the speaker? Some other idea?

Speakers

Chorus I, Forte II, two sets of Heresy IIs, KSW-200

Here are the options I see:

Chorus Fronts, 1 Forte Center, KSW, 2 Heresy rear, 2 Heresy sides (but how exactly to pull off the sides?)

Chorus fronts, 1 Forte Center, KSW, 1 Forte center rear, 2 Heresy sides (again side issue), Extra Heresy pair to sell, build into custom center, zone twowho knows.

Chorus fronts, 1 Heresy Center, KSW, 2 Forte rears.

Chorus fronts, 1 Forte Center, KSW, 2 Heresy rears.

I like the idea that all the speaker are in the Heritage line and that the Chorus/Fortes are very similar if use as the 3 front speakers. What are the thoughts on that sub?

If I go with a forte in the rear, 6.1 option above, do I take off the riser and mount it upside down so the woofer is up top and the horns are lower.

I love the picture of the Heresys mounted in the ceiling that we have all seen, If I go with Heresy rears on the sides do you want the horns facing in toward each other or out toward the side walls?

I am sure I will have more questions, but this is a start.

Thanks to all who have helped so far, Rich

9.gif