A warning for all non-Cornwall owners

Tom Adams

Hey, I'm really late to this thread ... obviously, there have been a lot of distractions in the world news this week ...

I too have a recently-acquired pair of the old Cornwall II's ... and also having a pair of the 1985 Cornwall I's (in the basement right now) I'd have to say one of the biggest differences I hear is in the soundstage and imaging. The vertical orientation of the HF section really spreads the sound more efficiently than the horizontal. This is not to say that the 1985 version doesn't sound good; it sounds absolutely fabulous; these just sound wonderful.

Allan, thanks for jumping in there on the grill covers, and Tom, of course you know you can get in at the drivers through the back -- it just wasn't explicitly stated so I'll restate the obvious. And be careful of the PWK logos on the front. You can't buy them anymore from Klipsch, so they are rare themselves.

I've got Al's networks in there too and would agree with Allan's comments on them. They just make a great speaker even greater. I can't imagine what I could do to improve the sound any more than it is now.

Congrats Tom on a great acquisition. My similar sentiments go out to Fred from Cambridge, a very nice man who loved his Cornwalls but had to part with them. I intend on leaving them to my son when I dead and gone.

------------------

Klipsch 1968 ALK Cornwall "II"s (LF/RF)

ALK Belle Klipsch (Center)

Klipsch Heresy (RR/LR)

Klipsch KSW-12 sub

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Cornwalls)

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Heresy's)

Denon AVR-4800

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD