Kustom Klipsch Crayola Finish Question

I have a question for you guys and girls. What is the best way to remove crayon from a speaker grill. Or is all lost and the way is replace the fabric. The sides of the cabinet became victim to the crayon magic refinisher. What is the best way to get this off and not have to sell the kid that did it2.gif. These are on my black ksf 8.5s if that helps. I open to suggestions and if the grill has to be replaced what is the best way to reattach the fabric. I noticed it is melted and is made to become one with the frame. Thanks in advance. Thank goodness my Heresy's with the cane grills are out of reach. Or I would be avertising a kid 9.gif

I don't really know that this will work, but I read your e-mail to my wife and she reminded me that the way to get melted candle wax off of a candle stick is to stick it in the freezer. Crayola not much different. Can you put your grille in the freezer? Probably wouldn't hurt it.

I know many of our churches have problems with candle wax on carpets. Remember I'm a wedding photog. I think the crayon on grill would be somewhat similar.

If it's a speaker grille you can remove and has a scrap of fabric on the back, I'd experiment with this first. What the guys do is use an electric iron and brown paper (like grocery bag) Place paper (other absorbent material would do) directly over the wax/crayon/whatever, then GENTLY rub WARM iron over this area. Stress on GENTLY and WARM. Carpet as well as grille materials are generally synthetics, so too much heat and you've just melted through. The idea is to liquify the wax crayon so that it soaks up into the paper. Once an area of paper is stained, get a new sheet, use several. BE GENTLE AND PATIENT. I have seen janitors take up huge globs of candle wax off of shag carpeting using this method. AGAIN, TEST FIRST IF YOU CAN.

Hope this works for ya.

Michael

If you happen to have the offending crayons in question...see if they are erasable. A lot of the newer ones are and you can take it off with water. How do I know this? Because I have a 2 1/2 year old little girl 13.gif12.gif

If they aren't, then somebody makes that sponge crayon remover that is meant for removing marks off of walls. It should work fine on your grilles...though I'd check a small corner first. Ask your wife if you are married...she'll know what it is.