Mantra Dulcet

oscarsear

While awaiting the arrival of my new Khorns I happened upon a pair of the Mantra Dulcets for around 10K. This speaker uses a huge multiphased reverse oriented horn with a bass cone loaded subwoofer with external crossover circuitry. As I suspected with the Avant Garde Trios (thank you all) this speaker shined through the mid and high frequencies and whumped through bass notes. As I listened I thought to myself how interesting it would be to hear the Mantra horn coupled with a Klipschorn bass horn. Although the Mantra horn is somewhat hideous in appearance I believe it would actually sit atop a Khorn bass unit (it's also modular in construction).

Has Klipsch ever toyed with reverse horn configurations? Any thoughts on hybrid speakers?4.gif

I was sorta hoping that y'all would be knowledgeable about these. Unfortunately I didn't keep any information on them or the gentleman who showed them to me. I audienced them in Calif. and now I live in Idaho. As you can see the top horn is clearly separate and would actually fit in a corner configuration. They're Italian in manufacture and have a web site at www.mantrasound.it, in Italian of course. Maybe max.g could help??

The horn drivers are biphasic, firing high frequencies forward and middle frequencies rearward. The horn itself is wood, which I recall is also requisite to sound reproduction integrity. It sounds impressive and looks a little overwhelming. Any info would be interesting, eh?4.gif