Got my parents a present

cdsang

Well, Christmas is comeing and even thou my parents say I don't have to buy them anything, I bought something I know they need audio wise. My parents have an old Sony. Ever heard of Dolby Prologic? Yeah, thats the best surround format it handles. Also, I waas playing music with it and every time changed the volume, it would distort. Not to metion its a complete wimp. It says 75 watts by 3 for the front and 15 in the back, but I know it doesn't have anything close to that. I have my RF-3II system connected to it now and you have to turn the volume about half way up just to get decent output. So how did I solve all these problems? I bought them an Onkyo TX-SR-602 in black. I know its not the greatest, but it blows what they have now out of the water and it was I wanted to spend. I like it because its up to date on surround formats exept THX which basicly Dolby Digital, has an auto set mirophone, a universal remote and 7 channels with alot more power the the current unit my parents own and I honestly think it looks nice. I just hope this was a good idea. I hope my parents like it. Maybe my dad won't feel joelous of me anymore. Just got exited and wanted to share it with the forum. O and this unit basicly makes mine look way outdated and is probly better.

CD

ProLogic is as good as it gets, the rest of those new fangled sound formats don't do really anything else except take away your hard earned $$. I got one of them new receivers with the microphone and you can't even sing country music into it. Heck it don't even got no bass or treble controls.

I'd take it all back for a Bose Wave amfm radio. Sound better than them big clips boxes and don't even take up much room.

Mick

Nice quote in your signature ironwoods. "DID YOU SEE WHAT GOD DID TO US?"

Like the 714 as well, remember the hoopla at concerts as that fateful minute came on on the scoreboard while we waited for the warmup act to take the stage. Those were the days...

Michael

I should buy my parents a present that would actually be for me. Since I'm single with no girlfriend they have gotten into the habit of inviting me over every Saturday night to watch the latest rental movie. So here I am with thousands invested in HT and I'm stuck watching the latest films with their old Kenwood 65wpc pro-logic receiver and Boston satellite speaker system (no sub) with no surround speakers because they don't want the wires run over their wood floor. But they are old and look forward to having me so I don't want to hurt their feelings. Oh well. 15.gif

How old are you and your parents SteelerFan? Enjoy em while you got em. I buried my dear Mom on Christmas eve a few years ago. Count your blessings dude. Who cares that they don't have 17 speakers. Laugh, cry, get out the old photo albums, ask them why they gave you your name, what you were like as a child. Embarassing stuff about your siblings. There's LOTS more stuff more important than this equipment we spend our our time and money on.

Hint- take em out and do something really fun for a change- bowling, mini golf, whatever. I'd LOVE to have my folks back. I was an orphan at 41. I'll got off my soapbox now.

Michael

Sorry about your Mom Michael. I almost know how you feel because on Christmas Eve 1986 the Doctors told us my Mom wouldn't last the night. Thankfully, they were wrong and she's still here today.

Bowling or mini golf?9.gif LOL, are you kidding? A movie is about as exiting as they want it now in their mid 70's.1.gif