Jazz Question LP

shload

I recently bought a 180 gram re-issue of Hank Mobley's "A Slice At The Top." It's a Connosseur Series reissue and to me sounds kind of flat. All of the other 200 or 180 gram re-issues I've bought like "Cool Struttin'" and "Something Else" have been excellent. I'm not sure what series they are though.

I`ve got that JR Monterose reissue LP and it`s one of my faves. I do prefer mono, but the stereo copies I have gotten are great too.

Remember, Alan is use to listening to the original pressings. He knows his stuff. I`ve got a few of`em but.....damn, he`s almost got all of them. Lucky dog.

For the rest of us, Classic Records is doing a find job of re-releasing some Blue Note goodies. Mono or not.

Well...after doing a 5 hour round trip this morning to pick up my new(slightly used) Mcintosh MC300, I get home to find the album on my doorstep. After one side of it with the new MC300 I'm in heaven and will be out of commission for the rest of the weekend. Thanks for the advice for the first choice in the series. I will be picking more of these LP's up. Joe