Sooo happy to be back!

lllll

Hello all!

i had to change my user name because i couldt remember my old one(been away too long). my Klipsch obsession started a couple years back when i found a pair of fortes at a garage sale for $225. had them for a year or so and swore by them and have all of my friends hooked. Well...i went from living in a studio apartment alone to living with friends and only having a 10 x 10 room for my stereo...so i decided (also because i needed $$$) to sell them.

My system has seen many changes since, but every part of it yearned for the RETURN OF THE KLIPSCH. In the meantime, i used EV Sevens, ESS model Sevens, and a pair of Dynaco bookshelf speakers that i cant remember the exact model (amazing response for their size).

Then it happened, i was content with the ESS having had my ears divorced from the Klipsch sound for quite some time. I went to visit my my parents in Ohio and my dad saw a pair of Forte II's in the paper and at my urging, called a week after they were listed. The gentleman still had them and some Carver components as well. $400 out the door with everything!

So back to chicago and now my speakers DONT sound too great anymore, i am NOT content and the search continues. FAST FORWARD TO LAST WEEK.

The second hand store 2 blocks from my house that i regularily stop by "just in case" seemed to be beconing me in. I walk to the back and from the corner of my eye i see a brief flash of light off the KLIPSCH COPPER nameplate. I have shopped here before and knew i was in for a deal. Previously, i purchased a Kyocera receiver for $40, a B&O turntable for $30 and now? $55 for Klipsh KG4 s.

Oh i know, you read all of this only a pair of KG4s? Sure this would be more amazing if there were 6 Lascala speakers being used as speaker stands for 3 pairs of Klipschorns, BUT this is reality and a pair of KG4s was a dream.

Ive been moving them around my room trying to fine tune the placement and have never been so happy to do so much heavy lifting.

Im back and i have dearly missed the forum.

~Josh

Let me be the first to congratulate you! Good deal, my youngest son has a set that he purchased from his older brother years ago, he loves them.

I'm in Cincinnati and have just started going to second hand stores and purchasing albums and cd's. Been keeping an eye out for hardware bargains but nothing yet, you give me hope.

Enjoy your find. Randy

Thanks!

This is CRAZY!

I did a forum search for "speaker placement" and came across an old posting of my own. My previous user name was "reluctant carnivore" and i was a "fast newbie" at the time...BUT here is the craziness: One of the replies was from someone telling me their best placement for KG4s! and how he has them on stands and that is exactly what i just did!

Well, actually, he is what i just did. Since i found these, i decided to part out the ESS's. They use the KEF B139 woofers (the cravy oval, flat front, racetrack looking ones). Apparently these woofers are quite versatile and known for great response. <"Mr. Blue Sky" by ELO just finished...i have to put on another record> They are were were highly recommended in many transmission line speaker building plans. So i removed these woofers today and i am using the empty cabinets as speaker stands.

Yeah...so my KLIPSCHS sound AWESOME with my SOUND DESIGN Boombox!

Heh... welcome back! You have a knack (m m m my Sharona....) for coming up with user names. I don't remember anything about you, but I do remember the name. I, of course, lack a certain talent for user name creation, as you can see...

b b b Ben