Need CD Player advice

JewishAMerPrince

I'm about to embark on a voyage back to 2 channel. I currently have 2 KG 3.5s sitting in storage that I intend to resurrect for a 2 channel setup in the library I am building for myself in my home. If it works out I will probably upgrade to better Heritage. I intend to power this system with a yet unselected TUBE amplifier (leaning towards a Dared) and will feed that with a dedicated CD player. My biggest concern is the quality of the DACs in the player. I am hoping to stay under $500, but that has some flexibility. Used is a viable option.

Suggestions please!

Thanks

Jerry Rappaport

You can get a Shandling/Music Hall CD-25 slightly tweaked and rebaded player for $399 vs the MusicHall $500+ price from av123. They will then have upgrades that can be purchased for improvement. The MusicHall cd is a popular box for mods.

TAS named the H/K $699 cd player "product of the year" and not just CD player of the year. That box has been seen on audiogon for $500.

I am completely satisfied with the Meridian 2400 cd player that I own. The thing weighs 18lbs. The drawer is cast metal and you can pick up the entire thing BY THE DRAWER.

The Brits are obtuse when it comes to the remote, it's quite something, but overall, for the money, I don't think that I could have gotten a better product.

Check out Meridian, hopefully used should fit the wallet.

DM